Situation:Cathy wants to transfer her post of receptionist into a personnel officer. She came to talk with the general manager about this.
凯茜想从现在的前台调到人事部门工作。他去找总经理谈论此事。
Cathy: I've worked here as a receptionist for about a year,and I'd like to have a chance for advancement.
凯茜:我在这做前台已经一年了,我期望一个升迁的机会。
Eric: Yes, I know that and I am considering giving you an opportunity in another department.
爱瑞克:是的我了解这个情况,我也正在考虑在另一个部门给你一个机会。
Cathy: Really? Thank you so much, sir.
凯茜:真的吗?太感谢您了。
Eric: What job are you applying for?
爱瑞克:你想做什么工作?
Cathy: I\'d like an office job in the personnel department.
凯茜:我希望到人事部门做办公室工作。
Eric: Eh, I think you are qualified for this position now. Do you understand the duties?
爱瑞克:嗯,我觉得你可以胜任那个岗位。你知道那项工作的职责包括哪些吗?
Cathy: I\'m not quite sure,but I think it should be typing,filing and answering phones.
凯茜:我不十分清楚,但我想应包括打字、管理文件和接电话等工作。
Eric: OK. It seems that you are quite familiar with that position. You have the seniority and I know you can do the job. Do you understand the probation?
爱瑞克:好,看起来你似乎对那个岗位很了解啊!你具备应有资历,你会把工作做好的。你了解公司的试用期情况吗?
Cathy: Yes, I think so. I have 30 days to learn the new job, right?
凯茜:是的,我知道。我需要在30天内学会新工作,对吗?
Eric: All right. One thing I want to tell you is that you will get a pay raise when you start your new position.
爱瑞克:对,是这样!有件事我想告诉你,你到了新岗位薪水会相应提高一些。
Cathy: That will be really helpful to my life.
凯茜:那我的生活确实会宽裕一些。
Eric: I hope you can keep working hard no matter where you work.
爱瑞克:不管你去哪工作都希望你会一如既往的努力。
Cathy: I'll try my best to learn the new job.
凯茜:我将尽力做好新工作。
(英语点津 Jennifer )
(声明:本站所使用图片及文章如无注明本站原创均为网上转载而来,本站刊载内容以共享和研究为目的,如对刊载内容有异议,请联系本站站长。本站文章标有原创文章字样或者署名本站律师姓名者,转载时请务必注明出处和作者,否则将追究其法律责任。) |